Fruit and Cake with Heavenly Fudge Sauce
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Commercial pound cake, cubed
- Combine confectioners' sugar, chocolate chips, butter, evaporated milk and
salt in a medium-size saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 15 to
20 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Let cool.
- Transfer sauce to a serving bowl.
- Serve with fresh fruit and pound cake cubes or over ice cream.
Yield: 3 cups sauce