- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil (for deep-fat frying)
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, water and vanilla extract; mix well.
flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger; ladle 1/2 cup of batter
into the funnel. Holding the funnel several inches above the skillet, release your
finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all the batter is released (scraping
with a rubber spatula if needed). Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
Yield: 8 cakes
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.