Lemon Ladyfinger Dessert
- 1 small box lemon gelatin
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups boiling
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon grated
- 1 (3 ounce) package ladyfingers
- Lemon peel strips (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water; stir until completely
dissolved. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 45 minutes.
- Add cream and extract; beat
until soft peaks form, about 10 minutes.
- Fold in lemon peel.
- Split ladyfingers and
arrange upright around the edge of a 2 1/2-quart serving bowl (about 8 inches in
diameter). Set aside any unused ladyfingers for garnish or another use.
- Pour cream
mixture into bowl.
- Garnish with remaining ladyfingers and lemon peel strips if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Yields 8 to 10 servings.