Maple Walnut Terrine Dream
Canadians are known for their love of maple syrup and after tasting this treat you’ll understand why! If you love banana bread and maple ice cream, the combination of the two along with California walnuts will thrill your taste buds.
Freeze: 6 hr | Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts chopped, toasted
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 6 (1/2-inch) slices banana bread
- Completely line a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, over medium high heat, bring maple syrup to boil. Boil for 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped California walnuts and maple extract and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, stir together softened ice cream with maple walnut mixture until combined thoroughly.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the ice cream evenly in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan. Fit 3 slices of banana bread in an even layer over ice cream.
- Repeat layers. Fill in any holes with remaining ice cream and spread evenly over top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and secure with a layer of foil. Place in the freezer until solid, at least 6 hours and up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, cut into 12 slices.
Per serving: 353 Calories Fat 21g Saturated Fat 7g Monounsaturated Fat 5g Polyunsaturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 53mg Sodium 122mg Carbohydrates 38g Dietary Fiber 1g Protein 5g