Maple Walnut Terrine Dream
Canadians are known for their love of maple syrup and after tasting this treat
you’ll understand why! If you love banana bread and maple ice cream, the combination
of the two along with California walnuts will thrill your taste buds.
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts chopped, toasted
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 6 (1/2-inch) slices banana bread
- Completely line a 4 x 8-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, over medium high heat, bring maple syrup to boil. Boil for
3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped California walnuts and maple extract and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, stir together softened ice cream with maple walnut mixture until combined
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the ice cream evenly in the bottom of the prepared loaf
pan. Fit 3 slices of banana bread in an even layer over ice cream.
- Repeat layers. Fill in any holes with remaining ice cream and spread evenly over
- Cover with plastic wrap and secure with a layer of foil. Place in the freezer
until solid, at least 6 hours and up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, cut into 12 slices.
Freeze Time 6 Hr | Serves 12
Nutrition 353 Calories Fat 21g Saturated Fat 7g Monounsaturated Fat 5g Polyunsaturated
Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 53mg Sodium 122mg Carbohydrates 38g Dietary Fiber
1g Protein 5g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): California Walnuts
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes