Mock Apple Slices
This is amazing! It tastes just like apples.
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 heaping teaspoons cream of tartar
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups solid shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Filling: Boil for 2 minutes, then add 72 Ritz crackers. Boil for 2 minutes more
- Pour into a cookie sheet lined with crust dotted with butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover with top crust.
- Top Crust: Mix well; divide in half and roll out.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until lightly browned on top.