Mock Apple Slices
This is amazing! It tastes just like apples.
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 heaping teaspoons cream of tartar
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups solid shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Filling: Boil for 2 minutes, then add 72 Ritz crackers. Boil for 2 minutes more
- Pour into a cookie sheet lined with crust dotted with butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover with top crust.
- Top Crust: Mix well; divide in half and roll out.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until lightly browned on top.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.