This makes a cake on the top with a sauce on the bottom.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 square chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup coffee or more
- Sift and mix sugar, baking powder, flour and salt.
- Melt butter and chocolate
over water. Add to dry mixture and blend well.
- Combine milk and vanilla extract
and add, blending well.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square pan.
- Combine sugars and cocoa. Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour cold coffee over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream on top.