- 10 ounces (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3 1/2 cups sifted
confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 1/2 cup semisweet
- In a saucepan, combine 4 ounces of the butter and the cocoa. Heat and stir until
- Remove from the heat and add l/2 cup of the confectioners' sugar, egg
and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the Graham cracker crumbs.
- Press into an ungreased
13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Melt 4 ounces of the butter with the creme de menthe.
- With a mixer, whip in the
remaining 3 cups confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Spread evenly over the Graham
cracker crust. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining 2 ounces of the butter and the chocolate chips.
- Spread over the other layers.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for l0 minutes before slicing.
- Cut into squares.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9/8/02 8:01:36 pm.