Peach Cheesecake Bars
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick)
cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 peaches
- 2 tablespoons granulated
- Cake layer: Into a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and combine the mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add the egg;
blend the mixture well and spread it onto the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cheese layer: In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese,
sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is combined well.
- Add egg, lemon juice,
flour and salt. Beat the mixture until it is smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over
- Slice the peaches thin. Arrange them in one layer on top of the cheese layer
and sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Bake the cheesecake in a preheated
350 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until it is just golden.
- Sprinkle the
cheesecake with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Let it cool and cut it into 3
x 1-inch bars.
- Transfer the bars to a container, separated by sheets of wax paper.
Makes 36 bars.
The bars may be made 2 days in advance and kept in an airtight container, separated
by sheets of wax paper and chilled.