Peach Cheesecake Bars
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 peaches
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- Cake Layer: Into a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and combine the mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add the egg;
blend the mixture well and spread it onto the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cheese Layer: In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese,
sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is combined well.
- Add egg, lemon juice,
flour and salt. Beat the mixture until it is smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over
- Additional Ingredients: Slice the peaches thin. Arrange them in one layer on top of the cheese layer
and sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Bake the cheesecake in a preheated
350 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until it is just golden.
- Sprinkle the cheesecake with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Let it cool and cut it into 3 x 1-inch bars.
- Transfer the bars to a container, separated by sheets of wax paper.
Makes 36 bars.
The bars may be made 2 days in advance and kept in an airtight container, separated
by sheets of wax paper and chilled.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.