A sunny peach filling is nestled between two spicy butter crunch layers -
dressed up version of a fruit crisp.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes or other flaked cereal
- 9 fresh peach halves*
* Canned peaches can be substituted for fresh peaches.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease 8-inch square pan and large bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to butter mixture; beat until
- Stir in cereal until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of mixture into bottom of greased pan.
- Arrange peach halves, cut side down, over crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold with cream or whipped cream.
Yields 9 servings
Posted by Angel on Earth at Recipe Goldmine 8/30/2001 2:19 pm.
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Winner 1955 - Rosemary Sport's winning recipe
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes