Red Hots Fried Apples
- 6 medium cooking apples (Granny Smith are good)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup red hots candies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Core, but do not peel apples. Slice into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Heat butter in heavy skillet.
- Arrange apple slices in skillet.
- Mix together sugar, candies, and salt.
- Sprinkle over apples and simmer over low
heat until apples are transparent. Turn them a few times during cooking with a spatula.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.