Rose Snow with Raspberry-Rose Sauce
This is one recipe that you must read through first. The Rose Syrup needs to
be made at least ten days before preparing the recipe.
- 2 cups fresh rose petals
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold
- 1 cup Rose Syrup
- Dash of salt
- 2 large egg whites
- Raspberry-Rose Sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- Few drops rose water
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch
- Rose Syrup: Place petals in saucepan and press down. Add enough cold water to
cover, 1 cup at a time, keeping count. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gradually
add sugar, using 3 cups of sugar for every cup of water. Return to boil, reduce
heat and simmer until syrupy, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Strain through cloth filter
- Cover tightly and store in warm place at least 10 days before using.
- Rose Snow: Soften gelatine in cold water; heat over boiling water to dissolve.
- Add Rose Syrup and salt; stir to dissolve. Chill until it looks like unbeaten egg
- Add egg whites and beat until it holds shape. Spoon into dishes and chill.
- Serve with Raspberry-Rose Sauce.
- Raspberry-Rose Sauce: Thaw and heat raspberries with rose water and Kirsch.
Serves 4 to 6.