Slices of Sin
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (use a good brand)
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 sticks butter (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a glass loaf pan with foil; butter the foil.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate in the coffee.
- Add the butter
and sugar, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Cool the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
until a crust forms on top, approximately 35-45 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, set the loaf pan in enough cool water to come halfway
up the pan. The dessert will rise and fall as it cools.
- When cool, wrap the pan well and refrigerate for at least 2 days or up to 2 weeks.
- When ready to serve, beat the cream until stiff (can flavor with 2-3 teaspoons brandy,
but I just used vanilla extract and a little sugar).
- Unmold the loaf and slice.
- Garnish with cream.
Posted by Ginger - St. Thomas at Recipe Goldmine 8/11/2001 6:44 am.
Source: Jr. League Centennial Cookbook