Strawberries 'n' Cream Dessert
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 small box instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (12 ounce) Sara Lee pound cake, cut into cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Toasted slivered almonds
- In large bowl, combined sweetened condensed milk and water.
- Add pudding mix; beat well.
- Chill for 5 minutes in refrigerator.
- Carefully fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon 2 cups pudding mixture into 4-quart glass
serving bowl or trifle bowl.
- Top with half each of the pound cake cubes, strawberries,
preserves and remaining pudding.
- Repeat layering, ending with pudding.
- Garnish with additional strawberries and almonds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly for several hours.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.