Strawberry Party Loaf (T&T)
With strawberry season upon us, here is a great tried and true recipe for using
those fresh juicy strawberries. You can use your own pound cake, but I make it simple
by buying an Entenmann's All Butter Pound Cake! It's kind of like a pseudo-Strawberry
Shortcake, but MUCH better!
Fast, easy and delicious!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pound cake, cut lengthwise in 4 layers
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces (+/-)
semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (+/-) Amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; let stand 20 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and chocolate.
- Brush cake layers with amaretto.
- Spread one cake
layer with 1 cup cheese mixture.
- Place second layer on top.
- Repeat with remaining
ingredients, ending with a top layer of cake.
- In small mixer bowl, beat cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spoon cream onto cake and frost.
- Garnish with whole strawberries.
Posted by GourmetGal at Recipe Goldmine 6/27/01 8:15:34 am.