- 2 cantaloupes
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries, slices
- Cut 1 1/2 inches off stem end of cantaloupes. Scrape out seeds, drain stem end
- Soften gelatine in cold water and stir over hot water until thoroughly dissolved.
- Whip cream with the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir into dissolved gelatine.
- Fold strawberries into cream mixture.
- Spoon into cantaloupes and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Slice and serve.
Yields 8 to 12 servings.