Sweet Shoppe Caramel Apples
- 6 large McIntosh apples
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- Wash and thoroughly dry apples. Insert a Popsicle stick into each; place on prepared
- In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine sugar, half-and-half, corn syrup and butter;
bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir constantly until a candy thermometer
reads 245 degrees F, about 1 hour.
- Remove from heat. Working quickly, dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to
coat completely, then dip the bottom into toffee bits.
- Return to baking sheet; chill.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips at 50% power for 1-2
minutes or until melted; stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a small heavy-duty resealable
plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Drizzle over apples.
- Repeat with vanilla chips.
- Chill until set.
- Remove from the refrigerator 5 minutes before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.