Tropical Hawaiian Dessert
This dessert is simple, easy and quick to make and delicious.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups heavy cream whipped with some confectioners' sugar to taste
- 2 cups flaked toasted coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake batter according to package directions.
- Pour into 2 greased 9 x 13-inch baking pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cakes test done.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pudding mixes, milk and coconut extract. Beat
for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and beat well to incorporate.
- Stir in pineapple and mix to blend.
- Spread over the cooled cakes.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chill for at least 2 hours to set well.
This can be covered and frozen up to 1 month, if it lasts that long.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/9/01 7:19:57 am.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.