Baked Alaska Raspberry Jam Bread Pudding
- 3 cups toasted bread cubes
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 4 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- Place bread cubes in a 2-quart casserole.
- Beat two eggs plus two egg yolks, reserving the two egg whites for the meringue.
- Gradually beat scalded milk into the eggs. Beat in 1/2 cup of sugar, the salt,
vanilla extract and butter. Pour milk mixture over the bread cubes.
- Close to the end of the baking time, beat the egg whites until stiff but not
- Beat in the remaining sugar, one tablespoon at a time until meringue is stiff
and glossy - set aside.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread the jam evenly over top of the pudding.
- Pile meringue over the jam, making sure to spread the meringue to edge of dish.
- Bake another 15 minutes until meringue is set.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.