Baked Alaska Raspberry Jam Bread Pudding
- 3 cups toasted bread cubes
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 4 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- Place bread cubes in a 2-quart casserole.
- Beat two eggs plus two egg yolks, reserving the two egg whites for the meringue.
- Gradually beat scalded milk into the eggs. Beat in 1/2 cup of sugar, the salt,
vanilla extract and butter. Pour milk mixture over the bread cubes.
- Close to the end of the baking time, beat the egg whites until stiff but not
- Beat in the remaining sugar, one tablespoon at a time until meringue is stiff
and glossy - set aside.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread the jam evenly over top of the pudding.
- Pile meringue over the jam, making sure to spread the meringue to edge of dish.
- Bake another 15 minutes until meringue is set.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bread Pudding Recipes