Caramel Fried Ice Cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Oil (for deep fat frying)
- Ice Cream: Using a 1/2 cup ice cream scoop, place 8 scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet.
Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a bowl, combine whipping cream and vanilla extract. In another bowl, combine
coconut, cornflakes and cinnamon.
- Remove ice cream from freezer; wearing plastic
gloves, shape ice cream into balls. Dip balls into cream mixture, then roll in coconut
mixture, making sure to coat entire surface. Place coated ball on a baking sheet,
cover and freeze for at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Caramel Sauce: Heat sugar in heavy saucepan over medium heat until partially
melted and golden, stirring occasionally. Add butter. Gradually add milk, stirring
constantly. Cook and stir for 8 minutes, or until sauce is thick and golden; keep
- Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep fat fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Fry ice cream balls until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with Caramel Sauce.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.