Chocolate Cherry Bombs
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries with stems
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (7.25-ounce) bottle chocolate shell topping
- Drain cherries. Remove stems and save them to complete the recipe. Place cherries
and 1 cup ice cream in electric blender. Pulse to combine.
- Combine cherry mixture with remaining 1 cup ice cream in a medium bowl; mix with a spoon.
- Divide between 2 small (8-ounce) bowls. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Shake chocolate shell topping 30 seconds;
divide between 2 custard cups or small bowls.
- Remove 1 container of ice cream from
freezer. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop 1 (1 1/2-inch) ball; place on fork.
- Spoon chocolate shell topping over ball while holding over custard cup.
- Place on baking sheet; quickly insert 1 reserved cherry stem in top. (To remove ball from
fork, push off gently at base with knife).
- Repeat with remaining ice cream.
- Work quickly so ice cream does not get too soft.
- Place cherry bombs in freezer.
- Repeat procedure with remaining bowl of ice cream.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
Yield: 16 (1 1/2-inch) cherry bombs
If blender is unavailable, finely chop cherries and stir into ice cream.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Cherry Growers Foundation.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.