Frozen Raspberry Dessert
Serve this sweetheart of a dessert, with a speedy crushed-cookie crust and
orange liqueur and frozen raspberry cream filling.
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (28 wafers)
- 1/2 cup
finely chopped blanched almonds or macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine,
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 1 package
(10 ounces) frozen raspberries with syrup, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 drops red food color
- Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
- Chocolate hearts, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press firmly
in bottom of ungreased 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely,
about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and liqueur with electric
mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add raspberries; beat on low speed until well
- Fold in whipped cream and red food color.
- Pour over crust.
- Freeze for at least
2 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate hearts.
- Store dessert in freezer.
- Chocolate Hearts: Draw a 1-inch heart on paper; cover with a piece of waxed paper.
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening.
Microwave on Medium for 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt; stir.
- Place melted chocolate
in small plastic bag; snip one corner to make very small opening.
- Pipe chocolate
in heart shape, tracing pattern.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Remove from waxed paper.
- Hearts can be covered and frozen until ready to use.
Prep time: 15 Min | Total time: 3 Hr 10 Min | Servings: 12
Make this heavenly dessert up to 1 week before your party. After
it is frozen, cover it tightly with foil.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 300 (Calories from
Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 45mg; Total
Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 27g), Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8.00%; Vitamin C 10.00%; Calcium 10.00%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 3 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: