Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 quart milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- Mix eggs thoroughly.
- Add 1 1/2 cups sugar, milk and salt.
- Cook in saucepan over
medium heat, stirring constantly, just until bubbles appear. Cool slightly.
in cream and vanilla extract.
- Crush strawberries with remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
to custard and pour into ice cream freezer tub.
- Freeze using 6 parts ice to 1 part
ice cream salt or according to freezer directions.
Yields 3 quarts.
Fresh Peach Ice Cream: Using basic recipe, substitute 3 cups mashed peaches for