Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 quart milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- Mix eggs thoroughly.
- Add 1 1/2 cups sugar, milk and salt.
- Cook in saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until
bubbles appear. Cool slightly.
- Stir in cream and vanilla extract.
- Crush strawberries with remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add to custard and pour into ice cream freezer tub.
- Freeze using 6 parts ice to 1 part ice cream salt or according to
Yields 3 quarts.
Fresh Peach Ice Cream: Using basic recipe, substitute 3 cups mashed peaches for
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes