Jalapeno Tabasco Ice Cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 7 1/2 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco brand jalapeno sauce
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted and divided
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- Whisk together the milk and sugar in a
large heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk a little hot milk into yolks to
temper them, then whisk in remaining milk.
- Transfer to same saucepan and cook over
medium heat, stirring, until mixture coats a spoon.
- Chill over ice, whisking frequently.
- Stir in cream of coconut and Tabasco jalapeno sauce.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker
according to manufacturer's directions.
- When frozen, stir in 2/3 cup toasted
- Pack into a freezer container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Scoop ice cream into bowls.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded coconut.