Peach Ice Cream
- 6 cups mashed peaches
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine peaches and 1 cup sugar; stir well, and set aside.
- Beat eggs at medium speed of an electric mixer until frothy.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, flour and salt; stir well.
- Gradually add sugar mixture to eggs; beat until thickened.
- Add milk; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into a large saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and set pan in cold water; stir gently until cool.
- Stir in cream, vanilla extract and peaches.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1-gallon electric freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Let ripen at least 1 hour.
Yields about 1 gallon.