Pineapple-Marshmallow Ice Cream
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup medium dry white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 2/3 cups canned crushed pineapple, thoroughly drained, syrup reserved
- 1 1/4 cups cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup drained maraschino cherries, roughly chopped
- Put marshmallows, wine or apple juice and pineapple syrup in a saucepan over
low heat, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows have dissolved. Let cool.
- Fold cream into cooled marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into a container, cover and freeze to the slushy stage. Beat well in a bowl.
- Fold crushed pineapple and cherries into the frozen mixture.
- Return to the container, cover and freeze until firm.
- About 20 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator.
- Decorate each portion with pineapple cubes, maraschino cherry halves and frosted