Pralines 'n' Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Sauté pecans in butter, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until toasted.
Set aside to cool.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, eggs, evaporated milk and milk in a large saucepan. Cook
over medium heat, stirring constantly, 20 minutes or until mixture reaches 160 degrees
F (do not boil).
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Place remaining 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring
mixture constantly, until sugar dissolves and forms a smooth liquid. Stir in the
sautéed pecans. (Mixture may form lumps.)
- Stir pecan mixture into custard; break apart pecan lumps.
- Pour into freezer can of a 5-quart hand-turned or electric freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Let ripen at least 1 hour.