Raspberry-Banana Ice Cream
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- 3 (3 ounce) boxes raspberry gelatin
- 3 to 4 medium size bananas
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cans Pet milk
- Whole milk (to fill if needed)
- Custard: Mix sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and salt, adding a little milk to make a smooth
- Ring 1-quart of milk to boiling point and pour paste in slowly, stirring
constantly and cooking only long enough to coat the spoon.
- Remove from heat, cool and refrigerate until cold.
- Dissolve in a little boiling water (1/2 cup) the raspberry gelatin.
- Banana Mixture: Mash bananas.
- When ready to freeze, pour the cold custard into 1/2 gallon freezer; add raspberry
gelatin, mashed bananas, 2 cups sugar and 2 cans Pet milk, filling to 3/4 full with
needed amount of whole milk.
- Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes