Salted Caramel Pecan No Churn Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Ice Cream Mixture
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Sugared Pecans: Glaze the pecans by placing the brown sugar, water and salt in a nonstick skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pecans and stir constantly for 4 minutes.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and let cool completely.
- Break into small pieces and set aside.
- Salted Caramel Sauce: Heat the sugar and water in a heavy saucepan until completely melted and clear.
- Add the butter and continue cooking over medium heat until the butter starts to turn a caramel color.
- Whisk in the heavy cream until thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the salt and vanilla extract. Cool completely.
- Ice Cream Mixture: In the bowl of a mixer, use the whisk attachment to beat cream on high speed until the cream forms stiff peaks, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. When mixture is completely blended, gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Line a freezer-safe large loaf pan or a 9 x 13-inch pan with plastic wrap.
- Fold in the sugared pecans to the whipped cream mixture then pour 1/3 of the mixture in the pan.
- Drizzle half of the caramel sauce on the top and add another third of the cream mixture.
- Drizzle the remaining caramel sauce on top, then finish with the remaining cream mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or until fully frozen.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Southwest Dairy Farmers