Southern Peach Ice Cream
- 4 cups peeled, diced fresh peaches (about 8 small ripe peaches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (3.75 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups half-and-half
- Combine peaches and sugar; let stand 1 hour.
- Process peach mixture in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down
- Stir together evaporated milk and pudding mix in a large bowl; stir in peach
puree, sweetened condensed milk and half-and-half.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart hand-turned or electric freezer;
freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon into an airtight container, and freeze until firm.