Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups strawberries, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Combine half of the milk and the 2 egg yolks in a small heavy saucepan and stir
well with a whisk. Heat milk mixture to 180 degrees F or until tiny bubbles form
around edge of pan, stirring frequently (do not boil).
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Add cheese, stirring until smooth.
- Combine cheese mixture, remaining 1 1/4 cups milk, strawberries, lemon juice
and sweetened condensed milk; stir completely until well-blended.
- Cover and chill completely.
- Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice cream freezer, and freeze according
to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon ice-cream into a freezer-safe container;
cover ice cream and freeze 1 hour or until ice cream is firm.