Lemon Ice in Lemon Cups
- 6 large lemons
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- With sharp knife, cut off 1/2 of each lemon from one end. Grate peel from
top 1/3 pieces.
- Squeeze juice from all pieces of lemon to make approximately
3/4 cup. Discard tops.
- Remove all crushed pulp and membrane from lemon cups.
Cut a thin slice off bottom of each so they can stand. Place in plastic bag.
- In 1-quart saucepan over low heat, cook gelatine, sugar and water, stirring
constantly until gelatine is dissolved. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and grated peel. Pour mixture into 9-inch square baking
pan; cover with foil.
- Freeze for about 3 hours until partially frozen.
- Spoon into chilled bowl. With mixer at medium speed, beat until smooth,
but still frozen.
- Return mixture to baking pan; cover. Freeze about 2 hours until partially
- Spoon into chilled bowl and beat again.
- Freeze until firm.
- Let ice stand for 10 minutes.
- Scoop into lemon cups.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.