Strawberries and Cream Cake Pops
Strawberries mixed with cake and cream cheese mixture make beautiful pops – a
delicious dessert made using Betty Crocker® cake mix and pink sugar.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup dried strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup red candy melts (from 14 ounce bag), melted
- 2 (14 ounce) bags pink candy melts or coating wafers, melted
- 36 paper lollipop sticks
- 1 large block white plastic foam
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker™ Decorating Decors pink sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan, using water, oil and egg whites. Cool completely.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and jam with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Crumble cake into cream cheese mixture; mix well. Stir in dried strawberries. Shape into 2-inch balls; place on cookie sheet. Freeze until firm.
- When cake balls are firm, transfer to refrigerator.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons melted red candy into pink candy; swirl gently. Remove several cake balls from refrigerator at a time. Dip tip of 1 lollipop stick about 1/2 inch into melted candy and insert stick into 1 cake ball no more than halfway. Dip each cake ball into swirled candy to cover; tap off excess. (Spoon more red candy into pink candy as needed.) Poke opposite end of stick into foam block. Sprinkle with pink sugar. Let stand until set.
Prep: 40 min | Total: 2 hr 10 min | Servings: 36
Nutrition information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 278 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 7g Sodium 118mg Total Carbohydrate 40g Dietary Fiber 0g Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choice 2 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker