This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Easter Scripture Bars
This is an old Easter recipe. Use the Bible for reference.
- 2 Jeremiahs 17:11
- 1 cup Jeremiah 6:20
- 1 tablespoon melted Psalm 55:21
- 1/4 cup I Kings 4:22
- 1/4 teaspoon Leviticus 2:13
- 3/4 cup chopped Numbers 17:8
- 1 cup chopped Nahum 3:12
- 1/2 teaspoon Galatians 5:9
- 1 teaspoon liquid Numbers 17:8
- In case you are not accustomed to using your Bible in the kitchen; begin
the recipe by taking 2 parts of the ingredients you will find mentioned in Jeremiah
- Add a cup of the ingredients mentioned in Jeremiah 6:20 and so on. If there
is more than one ingredient mentioned, always use the first.
- Another point is in Biblical days some ingredients do not appear in modern
form; such as baking powder is used when in Galatians 5:9 they suggest a word
to make dough rise.
- Beat Jeremiah 17:11 until light; add Jeremiah 6:20 and Psalm 55:21. Blend
- Sift dry ingredients together; add all chopped ingredients and flavoring
and blend well.
- Pour into greased shallow cake pan; bake in slow 300 degree F oven about
- Cut into bars and roll in Jeremiah 6:20.
Yield: 24 bars