This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Egg-Ceptional Easter Cookies
These egg-shaped chocolate chip cookies can be festively decorated with colored
frosting for a sweet Easter treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 container or more prepared vanilla frosting
- 2 or more food coloring choices
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup morsels.
- Press enough dough into greased and floured tablespoon to make slightly
- Invert onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Continue with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until golden around edges.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Prep: 20 min | Cooking: 10 min
Cooling: 5 min | Yield: 24 cookies
To color frosting: Stir food coloring into small amounts of frosting until desired
color. For deep colored frosting, use paste colors available in cake decorating
To pipe frosting: Use pastry bag fitted with small, plain or fluted tip, heavy-duty
plastic bag with tiny corner snipped off or plastic squeeze bottle with small tip.
To decorate cookies: Frost tops with white or colored frosting. Decorate as desired
with remaining morsels, piped frosting and colored sugars.
By: NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com