This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Gingerbread Easter Bunny Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend the butter and sugar until creamy, then beat in the molasses.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add the dry ingredients to the margarine mixture in three parts alternating
with the water. The dough will be stiff; you may need to work in the last third
of the flour with your hands.
- Roll the dough to any thickness you like, directly onto a nonstick cookie
sheet; then cut out bunny rabbits with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 8 minutes or longer, depending on their thickness. When done, the
dough should spring back when pressed.