Gingerbread Easter Bunny Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend the butter and sugar until creamy, then beat in the molasses.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three parts alternating
with the water. The dough will be stiff; you may need to work in the last third of the flour with your hands.
- Roll the dough to any thickness you like, directly onto a nonstick cookie
sheet; then cut out bunny rabbits with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 8 minutes or longer, depending on their thickness. When done, the
dough should spring back when pressed.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.