This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Jelly Bean Nest Cookies
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Jelly beans
- Flaked coconut (tinted green)
- Beat together margarine and cream cheese.
- Add sugar, egg, vanilla extract, coconut and almond extracts. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour and the baking powder. Add flour
mixture to the creamed ingredients gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes. Cookies will not brown on top and
will remain a creamy white color.
- Remove from oven and immediately scoop the top out of each cookie.
- Fill the top of each cookie with tinted coconut to make a nest, (to tint
place coconut in a plastic bag with several drops of green food color and shake
to coat) and place 3 jelly beans on top.