- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 small egg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- Beat first 8 ingredients (flour through milk) for 3-5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- On wax paper covered with confectioners' sugar, roll one portion into 12 x 6-inch
rectangle. (Lightly sugar rolling pin to avoid sticking.)
- Into other dough portion, mix lemon extract and yellow food coloring.
- Once completely mixed, roll into 12 x 6-inch rectangle on another sheet of wax paper.
- Lay lemon rectangle on top of plain rectangle.
- Remove wax paper from top.
- Gently roll dough jellyroll fashion, being sure to remove wax paper as you go.
- Wrap and refrigerate until firm (3-4 hours).
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place on cookie sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.