Springtime Slice-and-Bake Confetti Cookies
These beautiful cookies are truly a sign that spring has arrived with all its
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 drops red food coloring
- 16 drops yellow food coloring
- 9 drops green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons pastel-colored confetti candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line bottom of a loaf pan, 9
x 5 x 3-inches, with plastic wrap.
- Beat sugar, butter and shortening in a large bowl with an electric mixer
on medium speed or mix with a spoon.
- Stir in egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Knead one food coloring into each dough.
- Press one of the colored doughs in the bottom of the pan.
- Top with remaining colored doughs, pressing each layer firmly to seal.
- Turn the pan upside down and remove the plastic wrap from the dough.
- Cut dough lengthwise into thirds.
- Cut each third crosswise into 16 slices.
- Place about two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with candy sprinkles.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until bottoms are a light golden brown.
- Cool for one minute, remove from cookie sheet and place on a wire rack.
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies
Recipe and photo used with permission from: GoldMedalFlour.com through ARAcontent
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.