Strawberry Cream Puff
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen, thawed strawberries in syrup,
drained, 2 tablespoons syrup reserved
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Puffs: In a heavy saucepan, heat water, butter and salt over medium-high heat until butter melts. Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour all at once, stirring until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs to flour mixture, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet; line with wax paper. Trace a 7-inch circle on the paper. Drop dough in mounds, touching each other, in a circle over tracing.
- Bake ring until golden, 35 minutes.
- Turn off oven. Using a small knife, cut small slits in pastry sides while still in oven. Let stand in oven with the door closed for 20 minutes.
- Transfer ring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Filling: Beat cream at medium speed until just thickened. At low speed, add confectioners' sugar, reserved strawberry syrup and vanilla extract, beating until soft peaks form. Fold in strawberries.
- Slice ring in half horizontally. Remove any uncooked dough from inside ring. Spoon strawberry cream into bottom half of ring; replace top. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 10 servings
Source: Great American Home Baking
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.