Tropical Layered Dessert
Tropical flavors make this simple Tropical Layered Dessert ideal for a summer party. This dessert will serve a crowd of 20.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 serving size) box JELL-O Brand Island Pineapple or Strawberry Kiwi Flavor Gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tropical fruit cocktail, drained*
- 1 1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, toasted**
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained*
* Do not use fresh or frozen pineapple, kiwi, gingerroot, papaya, figs or guava since enzymes in these fruits prevent the gelatin from setting.
** How to Toast Coconut: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut into thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water. Add fruit cocktail; mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Mix Graham crumbs, butter, coconut and 1/4 cup of the sugar in 13 x 9-inch pan. Press firmly onto bottom of pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the milk in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping and the pineapple. Spread evenly over crust.
- Spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 20 squares to serve.
- Serve topped with the remaining whipped topping.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Yield: 20 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories 230 Total fat 12 g Saturated fat 8 g Cholesterol
25 mg Sodium 170 mg Carbohydrate 28 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 22 g Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV Vitamin C 10 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 2 %DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.