California Walnut and Fig Energy Bars
Oats, walnuts, chia seeds, honey and figs combine in this delicious, healthy energy bar.
- 1 cup oats, gluten-free, quick-cooking
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 1/4 cup walnut flour
- 1 1/4 cups California walnut pieces, chopped
- 1/3 cup chia seeds, ground
- 1 cup figs, fresh, stemmed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place rack in middle, and spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats, cereal, walnut flour, walnuts, chia seeds, figs, dry milk, cinnamon and ginger in a food processor and coarsely chop.
- Add honey and eggs and pulse until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press down firmly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cut into desired shape and serve.
Total: 35 min | Cook: 20 min | Servings: 15
Nutrition information: 160 Calories Fat 9g Saturated Fat 1g Monounsaturated Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 5.8g Cholesterol 30mg Sodium 40mg Carbohydrates 17g Dietary Fiber 3g Protein 5g
Created By Chad Blunston - Executive Chef
Recipe and photo used with permission from: