Chocolate Chia Protein Balls
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 scoops Cabot Whey Protein
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Melted milk chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine dates and water in a small bowl; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; drain dates.
- Meanwhile, place cereal in bowl of a food processor; pulse to a powder.
- Add cocoa, whey protein, salt and chia seeds; pulse to combine.
- Drain dates and add to food processor with honey and peanut butter; pulse until mixture begins to form a thick dough.
- Spoon out by rounded tablespoons and roll mixture into balls using hands.
- Drizzle with additional melted chocolate, if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 18 balls | Prep: 10 min
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Regan Miller - healthyaperture.com
Recipe and photo used with permission from: