Heart-Healthy Chocolate Avocado Energy Bars
This Love One Today fresh avocado recipe is another way to make the American
Heart Association recommendations part of your healthy lifestyle. These no-bake
bars deliver on-the-go energy to help keep you fueled throughout the day.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds, toasted, slivered
- 1 ripe, fresh avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang.
Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Process dates, almonds and avocado in a food processor until mixture is
finely chopped and sticky.
- Add coconut, chia seeds and cocoa powder and pulse until mixture is well
- Stir in sunflower seeds.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate until firm and chilled,
at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 16 bars and store in the refrigerator.
Prep time: 15 min, plus 2 hr chill time
Nutrition Facts: Serving size 1 bar; Serving Size 45g: Calories 150
% Daily Value* Total Fat 9.0g 12% Saturated Fat 2.0g 10% Trans Fat 0.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.0g Monounsaturated Fat 4.0g Cholesterol 0.0mg 0%
Sodium 10mg 0% Carbohydrates 17.0g 6% Dietary fiber 5.0g 10% Sugar 11g Added
sugars Protein 4.0g Vitamin A 1mcg 0% Vitamin C 1mg 2% Calcium 49mg 4% Iron
1mg 6% Vitamin D 0mcg 0% Folate Potassium 272mg 6% Omega 3 Fatty Acids
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food
contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general
Recipe and photo credit:
Hass Avocado Board
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Energy Bars Recipes