Hemp & Cherry Energy Bites
Prep: 15 min | Yield: 15 servings
- 3/4 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1 1/2 cups hemp hearts, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup warm water (add more if necessary)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 10 dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Add 1 cup hemp hearts, coconut oil, water, cocoa powder, dates and salt to a powerful blender or food processor. If using regular blender, soak the dates in warm water for 30 minutes and then drain prior to blending.
- Process until smooth, scraping the sides with spatula. If necessary, add more water to help the "dough" move around.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, add dried Montmorency tart cherries and mix to combine.
- Place in a freezer for 20 minutes to harden a bit.
- Using a small scoop, drop balls of "dough" into a bowl with remaining 1/2 cup hemp hearts and using 2 forks or by shaking the bowl, coat the energy bite in hemp seeds. Alternatively, coat only the bottom of the ball. Repeat until you run out of "dough."
Recipe Tips: Keep in an airtight container, in the freezer section, for up to 6 months. Before serving, take the energy bite out of the freezer and let thaw for a few minutes. For a snack on- the-go, place in a sealable plastic bag.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cherry Marketing Institute
Recipe courtesy of Olena Osipov, iFOODreal