Power Packed Popcorn Sports Bars
Fiber and protein from nutritious ingredients in a handy crispy bar - and without
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted soy nuts (or shelled sunflower seeds)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray; set
- Place popcorn, almonds, coconut, apricots, cranberries and soy nuts in a
large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt over
- Stir to blend and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly;
pour over popcorn mixture.
- Stir to blend all ingredients and pour into foil-lined pan.
- With damp hands, press mixture lightly and evenly into pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan at least 3 hours before cutting into rectangles to serve.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container up
to 2 weeks.
Yield: 12 bars (3 x 2-inch) | Prep time: 20 min | Baking time: 30 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: popcorn.org
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.