Walnut Energy Bars
Nothing but great nutritious ingredients in these gluten free bars! Perfect before
a workout, for breakfast, or a good for you snack.
- 3 cups California Walnuts, divided
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried Mediterranean apricots
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cherry extract
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set aside 1 cup walnuts.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor and process just until mixture
is sticky and holds together.
- Add remaining walnuts and pulse on and off to coarsely chop.
- Press into a 7 x 10-inch rectangle and cut into 20 equal pieces.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then transfer to an airtight container.
Variation: Add 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut. Reduce cherry extract to 1
teaspoon and add 1 teaspoon coconut extract.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Energy Bars Recipes