This is a popular appetizer in Texas, where everything is BIG! These are no
exceptions so don’t be surprised by how large the final product is.
* Use the largest jalapenos you can find.
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 pound raw pork sausage
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Pork Shake & Bake
- Split the jalapenos in half lengthwise and de-seed.
- Mix together the stuffing ingredients and pack the jalapenos. Put the
jalapenos back together.
- Mix the Bisquick, sausage and Cheddar cheese. Form this mixture around a
jalapeno, using enough to cover completely.
- Beat the eggs.
- Dip the covered jalapenos in the egg and then roll in the Shake & Bake.
- Place jalapenos on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
You can also grill these, turning a couple times.
This recipe is from my friend, Kevin Taylor, the BBQ Guru, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
From the Family Favorites recipes collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.