Bleu Cheese Dressing
Homemade bleu cheese dressing is infinitely better than store-bought. This creamy
dressing is at its best when tossed with crisp romaine or iceberg lettuce. Use it
as a dip for raw carrot sticks, celery sticks, and broccoli. It's also great
for dipping wings!
- 6 ounces bleu cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons
finely chopped chives or green onions
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- dash hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mash cheese with a fork in a bowl, leaving some large chunks.
- Stir in sour cream and buttermilk until creamy but with bits of cheese remaining.
- Stir in chives, Worcestershire and hot sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill until ready to use.
Recipe from the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Kilbride.