Family Favorite Broccoli Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli heads, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 10 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, shelled (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, raisins and bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with salad. Sprinkle with sunflower
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 5 min | Yield: 8 servings
A little shredded Cheddar cheese may be added to the salad, if desired.