Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 medium baking potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- Thinly sliced green onions with tops (optional)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Combine sour cream and mayonnaise in small bowl.
- Chop bacon and red onion; add to sour cream mixture.
- Stir in salt and black pepper; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly and pat dry. Prick potatoes.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven; cool completely.
- Coarsely chop potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in large bowl; fold in
sour cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.